Josh and Kristen

Josh and Kristen
July 19, 2010

Monday, December 27, 2010

Flowers

Once we set the colors for the ceremony, choosing flowers was easier.

Lilies, or hydrangeas? Purples, blues, or whites? How many roses per bouquet?  What to use for greens? If you're a do-it-yourself kind of person, there are a ton of ideas available online, which I used to share with our florist. Seasonal availability may also impact price.

A friend volunteered early in our planning to arrange our flowers, so I just had to tell her "what I wanted."  That was hard because at first, I really didn't know! Lilies seemed traditional, but the more I thought about it, I wanted a diverse arrangement that displayed both traditional (orange) and my favorite (purple) colors.  I imagined pink would tie it together, then starting talking with my florist friend about the types and cost of each.

After our meeting, I knew she planned to arrange:
~white and purple calla lilies
~orange lilies
~roses
~mums (or something like them)
~green "filler"

After I had given my thoughts and desires about my and the bridesmaids' bouquets, and a list of all the people we wanted to have corsages / boutonnieres (groomsmen, grandparents, parents), I just had to trust her!

In the end, I was overjoyed to see how she ran with my ideas:


The groomsmen wore white mini callas, while the groom had both a purple and white calla. Dads and grandfathers wore white roses.

Bridal and bridesmaid bouquets

My grandmother's lily wilted, so luckily my friend had thought to bring extra flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment